Saturday, July 7, 2012


In my newest learning endeavors, I have been playing with creating brushes and patterns for Gimp projects.  Funny how some things have become so second hand easy, and others still don't click.  Not that it's hard, but that I can't keep the correct sequence in my mind to get the desired results.  But practice makes perfect.  I decided to make a file into which i just put the stuff I was playing with, and I went ahead and made a brush or pattern file that I can take to the gimp files when I need them, instead of just filling up the dialoge boxes with something I might not use often.  This way I can copy them over long enough to use them and delete them when I am not.  I get tired of the same old swirls and curves so I ususallly make fresh ones these days anyway.  But the grungies and scratches, smears and blobs take time to get good results, so it's best to have a variety of them made which are large enough to move them about and use only parts of them.  I discovered that I can use only parts of curls and swirls too to cast shadows and erase out swaths of color.

 
This is a disconnected set of curls,
connect them and they become lace.



I love ceating my own Capital cursive letters.
Roughing them up a bit using several filters and
brushes enhances them.


I designed various settings and styles of this potential brush. 
Filling it with a marble pattern already available in my gimp
patterns gives me a cool look without having to create the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment