Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Strawberry Blossom Macro

Sometimes, the picture I thought I was getting, doesn't turn out exactly like I thought it would -a slightly blurrier edge, or the lighting isn't quite right.  But if I like the image, and the subject has form with distinctly contrasting elements, then it will probably make a very good graphic.  When the details are distinct in a picture, graphics software often tries to capture all the fine lines rather than the outlines and major lines in a picture.  If however the picture has a slight blur, the software tends to chose only the dramatic defining lines of a subject. I sometimes take a clear picture, and do a blurring treatment first, then procede with graphics changes.  Two of my recent floral subjects demonstrate the interest created between the lights and darks in the photos, that allow defining the edges of the subject and thereby, work well when those edges are cut away to allow a background to shine through. 
Today I will share from my "Strawberry Blossom Collection." On another day I will share from my "Perfect Peonies Collection."
The originals of these photos was of wild strawberry blossoms.  Even slightly blurred they are lovely just as photos. But the beauty of their simple form really becomes dramatic when turned into abstract colors of art.  These are beautiful printed, as well as on the screen where lots of light comes through. A single picture was manipulated to produce several versions of abstracts.






No comments:

Post a Comment