Thursday, December 30, 2010

Photos Go Graphic

I have found a love for painting with photos, and manipulating the pixels into graphics. My two favorite finished products arrive from two different kinds of manipulation:
1. If I do warps, melts and other basic computerized things, I ususally arrive at a contemporary looking piece of framable abstract art. But often, I like to take it one step further, and steal cuts from the abstract and then put them back together like a quilt or layered collage.  The results are fascinating. These work best made from some version of shiny or metalic element. One of my favorite pieces is derived from nothing but Christmas ribbon.

 2. And the second kind of graphic work I find most fascinating is cutaway work. My last post of a collage of cutaway work, was of cutaways on black, which allowed brightly colored backgrounds to show through. These also make good framing options. They provide fun opportunities to allow the light of the computer screen to shine through:


No comments:

Post a Comment