Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Few Brushes

These are a few of the solid brushes I designed.  I design them on transparent squares, and I also crop to image to make sure there is no extra space around them.  Well at least now that I learned the need for that step.  
 
It might be possible to notice that a couple of these are merely made by repeating a more basic brush. In fact, I try to think about that when I make the brush. I wonder how it will repeat, and if a reasonable pattern or border can be produced by repeating it? An easy one to see is the double heart with rings. The "bracelet" band I made with it is in the bottom center of this pic. The s link repeated vertically instead of horizontally made the upright border, but the one on the left has butterflies included in the repeat.  I also have a combination of it using the dragonfly. Here the dragonfly is tapped several times to darken it.  It is actually very sheer unless I tap it in place until it darkens. The bird and the lily are actual pictures converted to brushes. I cropped a mask out and filled the shape solid with black. I have used the same heart over and over by using the perspective and shearing tools, flipping and scaling the altered shape. Why draw it again and again? I often draw 1/2 or 1/4 of the shape or pattern, and then flip merge and flip again to form a whole.
 
But lately, I have used the simple shapes to come up with a page of brushes that make a pleasing pattern, changing up the colors, to make a pleasing color scheme from the block:
Repeating a page of these will form a flood fill pattern, which I save in the patterns folder.
Next blog: some of the pages of repeats I use for pattern fill.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment