Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pages of Repeats/Backgrounds

Last post, I showed patterns I made from color and pattern filling some brushes, or by making repeats of brushes. Now I can use them in turn as brushes or patterns for flood fill, and make pages of patterns, like fabric or backgrounds.
    
                                             THIS:

TO THIS

THIS:

TO THIS:
 
THIS:
 
AND THIS:
 
 
From simple repeats of brushes.


 
The pattern above becomes a card background, while the diamond brush repeat
becomes the flood fill pattern for the open heart brush.


I used the same diamond repeat to flood fill the right lower half of this square,
and my curled flourish pattern for the upper left corner, and let it bleed over the
ribbon brush dividing the page diagonally.

My new Scalloped Circles Brush makes a great repeat for a border at the top of a page:

but works well on a card with the plaid counterpart both repeated small,
and 1 1/2 times large:
 
I am surprised how simply the fill patterns can be made once the
original pattern is made into a brush. And it's only the beginning of how
they can be used.

I am loving journaling some ideas.  And as I work with the brushes and patterns I am
learning tricks on how to make them seamless, overlapping, or interactive.

Next post: using the patterns to flood fill brushes creating even more layers
and design ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment